Loving our beach vacation at Port St. Joe Beach, Florida.
Port St. Joe, Florida is a small town located on the Gulf of Mexico. It’s a popular destination for beach lovers, thanks to its beautiful white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and abundance of wildlife.
Susan found a great, quiet, inexpensive site using HipCamp. It’s like AirBnB for campers. We’re in a large backyard about three blocks from the beach. The weather’s been great, with amazing sunsets just made for romantic walks after dinner.
There are many things to do in Port St. Joe, whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, go fishing, or explore the area’s natural beauty.
Here are a few things to do in Port St. Joe:
- Relax on the beach: Port St. Joe has some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida. The sand is soft and white, the water is clear and blue, and the views are stunning. There are also several beachfront parks where you can relax, swim, sunbathe, and play volleyball.
- Go fishing: Port St. Joe is a great place to go fishing. There are several charter companies that can take you out to the Gulf of Mexico to fish for grouper, snapper, mackerel, and more. You can also fish from the shore or from one of the many piers in town.
- Explore the area’s natural beauty: Port St. Joe is surrounded by beautiful natural areas, including St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, Cape San Blas State Park, and Topsail Hill Preserve State Park. These parks offer a variety of activities, such as hiking, biking, camping, and birdwatching.
- Visit the Port St. Joe Historical Museum: The Port St. Joe Historical Museum is a great place to learn about the town’s history. The museum has exhibits on the town’s founding, its role in the Civil War, and its development into a major fishing port. We discovered that Port St. Joe is the birthplace of the Florida state constitution!
- Shop and dine in downtown Port St. Joe: Downtown Port St. Joe has a charming main street lined with shops, restaurants, and art galleries. You can find everything from souvenirs to fine art in this charming town.
No matter what you’re looking for in a vacation, Port St. Joe has something to offer. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the area’s natural beauty, or experience the town’s rich history, you’re sure to have a great time in Port St. Joe.
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to Port St. Joe:
- The best time to visit Port St. Joe is during the shoulder seasons (spring and fall). The weather is still warm and sunny, but there are fewer crowds.
- If you’re planning on spending time at the beach, be sure to pack sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses. The sun can be strong in Florida, even in the spring and fall.
- Port St. Joe is a small town, so there are not a lot of big-box stores or chain restaurants. Be sure to try some of the local businesses, such as the farmers market, the art galleries, and the restaurants.
- Port St. Joe is a great place to relax and unwind. Soak up the sun, swim in the Gulf of Mexico, and enjoy the peace and quiet of this beautiful town.
Spending a few days at the beach is a perfect start to our long road trip. If you’re looking for inexpensive but high-quality camping sites, use our link to Hipcamp and get $10 off your first booking.